Li, Weifeng 李衛鋒
BSc; BEc; MSc PEKING; PhD MIT
Weifeng Li is Associate Professor in the Department of Urban Planning and Design at the University of Hong Kong. Weifeng Li received his Ph.D. from Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) in the US, and joined the University of Hong Kong in 2011. He has previously studied at Peking University in China. He is currently a member of the editorial board of Transportation Research D: Transport and Environment, Vice-president of the Hong Kong GIS Association, and an elected board member of the International Association for China Planning (IACP)(2013-2017).
Weifeng’s primarily research interests focus on environmental sustainability associated with urbanization and transportation, urban spatial structure and air pollution, health effects, and the use of urban modelling, remote sensing and big data in urban and environmental studies. He has received a number of scholarly awards, including HKU Faculty of Architecture Research Output Prize (2014/2015), Finalist of Royal Town Planning Institute Early Career Researcher Award (2017).
Fields of interest:
Environmental Sustainability associated with Urbanization and Transportation; Urban Configuration and Air Pollution, Health Effects; The Use of Urban Modelling, Remote Sensing and Big Data in Urban and Environmental Studies
- Li, W., Cao, Q., Lang, K., and Wu., J. (2017) Linking Potential Heat Source and Sink to Urban Heat Island: Heterogeneous Effects of Landscape Pattern on Land Surface Temperature. Science of the Total Environment, 586, pp. 457-465.
- Wu, J., Zhu, J., Li, W., Xu, D., and Liu, J. (2017) Estimation of the PM2.5 Health Effects in China during 2000–2011. Environmental Science and Pollution Research, 24(11), pp. 10695-10707. (Corresponding author).
- Wang, Z., Yao, F., Li, W., and Wu, J. (2017) Saturation Correction for Nighttime Lights Data Based on the Relative NDVI. Remote Sensing, 9(7), 759, pp. 1-14.
- Sak, H., Yang, G., Li, B. and Li, W. (2017) A Copula-based Model for Air Pollution Portfolio Risk and Its Efficient Simulation. Stochastic Environmental Research and Risk Assessment (forthcoming). (DOI: 10.1007/s00477-017-1403-2).
- Wu, J., Yao, F., Li, W., and Si, M. (2016) VIIRS-based Remote Sensing Estimation of Ground-level PM5 Concentrations in Beijing–Tianjin–Hebei: A Spatiotemporal Statistical Model. Remote Sensing of Environment, 184, pp. 316-328. (Corresponding author).
- Liu, J., Li, W., and Li, J. (2016) Quality Screening for Air Quality Monitoring Data in China. Environmental Pollution, 216, pp. 720-723. (Corresponding author).
- Liu, J., Li, J. and Li, W. (2016) Temporal Patterns in Fine Particulate Matter Time Series in Beijing: A Calendar View. Scientific Reports, 6, 32221, pp.1-6. (Corresponding author).
- Liu, J., Li, J., Li, W., and Wu, J. (2016) Rethinking Big Data: A Review on the Data Quality and Usage Issues. ISPRS Journal of Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing, 115, pp. 134-142. (Corresponding author).
- Liu, J., Li, J., Li, W., and Shaw, J. (2015). Mapping Ethnic Migration in Mainland China from the Early 1960s to 2010. Environment and Planning A, 47 (12), pp. 1-3. (Graphics article) (Corresponding author).
- Wu, J., Li, J., Peng, J., Li, W., Xu, G., and Dong, C. (2015) Applying Land Use Regression Model to Estimate Spatial Variation of PM2.5 in Beijing, China. Environmental Science and Pollution Research, 22(9), pp. 7045-7061.
- Liu, J. and Li, W. (2014) A Nighttime Light Imagery Estimation of Ethnic Disparity in Economic Well-being in Mainland China and Taiwan (2001-2013). Eurasian Geography and Economics, 55, pp.691-714. (Corresponding author).
- Ma, L., Wu, J., Li, W., Peng, J., and Liu, H. (2014) Evaluating Saturation Correction Methods for DMSP/OLS Nighttime Light Data: A Case Study from China’s Cities. Remote Sensing, 6(10), 9853-9872.
- Wu, J., Wang, M., Li, W., Peng, J., and Huang, L. (2014) Impact of Urban Green Space on Residential Housing Price: Case Study in Shenzhen. Journal of Urban Planning and Development, 10.1061/(ASCE)UP.1943-5444.0000241 , 05014023.
- Wu, J., He, S., Peng, J., Li, W., and Zhong, X. (2013) Inter-calibration of DMSP-OLS Night-time Light Data by Using Invariant Region Method. International Journal of Remote Sensing, 34:20, pp. 7356-7368.
- Wu, J., Wang, Z., Li, W., and Peng, J. (2013) Exploring Factors Affecting the Relationship between Light Consumption and GDP Based on DMSP/OLS Nighttime Satellite Imagery. Remote Sensing of Environment, 134, pp. 111-119.
- Li, W., Wang, Y., Li, G. and Peng, J. (2005) Landscape and spatial changes associated with rapid urbanization in Shenzhen, China. International Journal of Sustainable Development & World Ecology, 12(3), pp. 314-325.
- URBS4001 Advanced Urban Studies Studio
- URBS2004 Urban and Regional Development II
- URBP6901 Values in Planning
- URBP6007 Planning for Sustainable Cities and Regions