BEng SYSU; MUD HKU; PhD CityU
Dr. Yiyang YANG is a Postdoctoral Fellow in Dr. Chao REN’s group in the Faculty of Architecture at University of Hong Kong. She received her Bachelor degree of Urban Planning from Sun Yat-sen University, Master degree of Urban Design from University of Hong Kong, and PhD degree from City University of Hong Kong. Her research interest mainly focuses on the impact of built environment on physical activity and health outcome, sustainable urban design, and healthy city development.
- Yang, Y., Lu, Y., Yang, L., Gou, Z., & Liu, Y. (2021). Urban greenery cushions the decrease in leisure-time physical activity during the COVID-19 pandemic: A natural experimental study. Urban Forestry and Urban Greening, 62, .
- Yang, Y., Lu, Y., Yang, H., Yang, L., & Gou, Z. (2021). Impact of the quality and quantity of eye-level greenery on park usage. Urban Forestry and Urban Greening, 60, .
- Wang, J., Yang, Y.*, Peng, J., Yang, L., Gou, Z. & Lu, Y. (2021). Moderation effect of urban density on changes in physical activity during the coronavirus disease 2019 pandemic, Sustainable Cities and Society, 72, 103058.
- Jiang, B., Shen, K., Sullivan, W. C., Yang, Y., Liu, X. & Lu, Y. (2021). A natural experiment reveals impacts of built environment on suicide rate: Developing an environmental theory of suicide. Science of the Total Environment, 776, .
- Wang, J., Wu, X., Wang, R., He, D., Li, D., Yang, L., Yang, Y.* & Lu, Y. (2021). Review of associations between built environment characteristics and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus 2 infection risk. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 18, 14, 7561.
- Yang, Y., Lu, Y., Yang, L., Gou, Z., & Zhang, X. (2020). Urban greenery, active school transport, and body weight among Hong Kong children. Travel Behavior and Society, 20, 104-113.
- He, H., Lin, X., Yang, Y. & Lu, Y. (2020). Association of street greenery and physical activity in older adults: A novel study using pedestrian-cantered photographs. Urban Forestry and Urban Greening, 55, .
- Yang, Y., He, D., Gou, Z., Wang, R., Liu, Y. & Lu, Y. (2019). Association between street greenery and walking behavior in older adults in Hong Kong, Sustainable Cities and Society, 51, 101747.
- Yang, Y., Wu, X., Zhou, P., Gou, Z. & Lu, Y. (2019). Towards a cycling-friendly city: An updated review of the associations between built environment and cycling behaviors (2007–2017), Journal of Transport and Health, 14, 100613.
- Lu, Y., Yang, Y., Sun, G. & Gou, Z. (2019). Associations between overhead-view and eye-level urban greenness and cycling behaviors, Cities, 88, p10-18. (Highly cited paper)
- Wu, X., Lu, Y., Lin, Y. & Yang, Y. (2019). Measuring the destination accessibility of cycling transfer trips in metro station areas: a big data approach, International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 16, 15, 2641.
- Lu, Y., Chen, L., Yang, Y. & Gou, Z. (2018). The association of built environment and physical activity in older adults: Using a citywide public housing scheme to reduce residential self-selection bias, International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 15, 9, 1973.
- Huang, J., Wang, Y., Peng, R., Yang, Y. & Spengler, J.D. (2016), Urban microclimate & pedestrian comfort in dense cities, Urban Environment Design, 101(B), pp.266-273 (in Chinese)