To make CUSUP a home to all researchers in urban studies and urban planning – to connect, inform, inspire, grow and support them in achieving cross-disciplinary, innovative and impactful outcomes in research, knowledge creation, public policy and professional practices.
- Foster interdisciplinary research in urban studies and planning in The University of Hong Kong and beyond.
- Provide a forum for academics, practitioners and the community to exchange views on urban studies and urban planning.
- Undertake contract research for both the public and private sectors.
- Promote inter-institutional, regional and international cooperation in urban studies and urban planning.
- Organize conferences, workshop and seminars, and publish monographs and conference proceedings.
Belt and Road Urban Observatory (OBORobs)
Cluster 1: Climate Threat and Urban Resilience
Cluster 2: Urban and Regional Development in China
Cluster 3: Urban Analytics and Smart Cities
Cluster 4: Housing Policy and Social Development
Cluster 5: Urban Modelling and Simulation
Cluster 6: Urban Data Science
Cluster 7: Transport, Society, and City