Application period (September 2021 Intake):
From December 1, 2020 at 12:00 noon (HKT) to February 1, 2021 at 12:00 noon (HKT) [tentative]
|December – January
||Open for application
|March – April
||Interview (in person or video conference)
|April – July
||Notification of successful admission results
The tuition fee for 2021-22 intake is HK$190,000* per programme (72 credits for both full time and part time modes of study). [*The tuition fee is provisional and subject to change]
- Comply with the General Regulations and the Regulations for Taught Postgraduate Curricula;
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree of this University or a qualification of equivalent standard from this University or another comparable institution accepted for this purpose;
- Applicants who seek admission on the basis of a qualification from a university or comparable institution outside Hong Kong of which the language of teaching and/or examination is not English, need to satisfy the University English language requirement applicable to higher degrees as prescribed under General Regulation G2(b); and
- Satisfy the examiners in a qualifying examination if required.
- Academic transcript of undergraduate (and postgraduate) studies ;
- Graduation certificate and/or diploma of undergraduate (and postgraduate) studies ;
- TOEFL/IELTS official score report ;
- 2 referee reports ; and
- School attendance certificate (for current Mainland University students only).
How to Apply
Filing an application is a two-step process. First, applicants have to submit the applications via the taught postgraduate online application system. Second, after the online application is submitted, applicants will receive instructions, via email, to upload supporting documents to the Faculty’s Document Submission System. Both steps have to be completed within the application period.
For final-year undergraduate students, you should instead submit the latest version of your academic transcript which includes all the available assessment grades/marks of the courses taken. You will be asked to submit the complete academic transcript and graduation certificate when you are given an offer of admission.
It is a must for applicants from universities where the language of instruction and/or examination is not English. For all other applicants, it is highly recommended to submit evidence of their English proficiency (TOEFL, IELTS, or other tests). This is important because all teaching and learning activities in HKU are conducted in English.
You are required to nominate two referees. Preferably at least one of the two referees should be your current or former university teacher who can comment on your academic abilities. Applications with less than two referee reports are deemed incomplete. After the online application is submitted, referees will be invited to complete an online referee form and upload a signed soft-copy (PDF) reference letter with their institutional/company letterhead to the Faculty’s Referee Report System by the application deadline.