Jia, Beisi 賈倍思
BEng Nanjing Inst of Tech; PhD Southeast; PGCArch, PDR ETH Zurich; IFHP; CIBW104; AssocHKIA
- 2000- Associate Professor
- 1996-1999 Assistant Professor
- 1993-1996 Academic fellow and science assistant in Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, Zurich
- 1990-1993 Architect and tutor in Southeast University, Nanjing, China
- 1987-1990 Ph.D. (Architectural History and Theory), Southeast University and Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, dissertation “Housing in long term effectiveness”,(1990)
- 1980-1985 Bachelor of Engineering (in Architecture), Nanjing Institute of Technology, China
- 2006: Awarded as Excellent Architectural Educator, by National Supervision Commission for Higher Education in Architecture in China in October 2006, for supervising student Mr. Li Kwan Ho, who won the Excellent Work award in an 5th Annual Exhibition of Students’ Design Work from Architectural Schools in China.
- 2001: “the service award: for distinguished service to the association for the advancement of architectural education”, by The Association of Collegiate Schools of Architecture, USA.
Professional/International Academic Positions
- Member of Director Board of Baumschlager Eberle Hong Kong, Ltd.
- Joint Coordinator of CIB W104 Open Building Implementation, International Council for Research and Innovation in Building and Construction
- Member of Academic Board of International Journal Open House International. UK (ISSN 0168-2601)
- Member of Editor Board of international journal Time-Based Architecture. Holland (ISSN 1754-4661)
1997-2007 Coordinator for Year 1 and Year2 of Bachelor of Arts in Architecture, Year 1 Master Degree of Architecture, respectively, leading students won international competitions, including:
ACSA/Otis International student design Competition, ACSA/SPI International Student Design Competition, Dupont Benedictus, RAIA/SONA Student Engagement “Millennium: Student Agendas for Architectural Futures”, CAA International Student Design Competition, etc
Research and publications
Major research areas are housing flexibility, urban density, learning behavior (architectural pedagogy)
From 1995 to 2008 four academic books were published. Papers in intereational refereed journals are found in Habitat International, Landscape Research, Open House International, and national journals as Architects (China), Architectural Journal (China), Ideal Architecture (Korea), HKIA Journal (Hong Kong), Housing Science (China), Time & Architecture(China).