To be eligible for admission to the degree of Master of Architecture, a candidate shall satisfy both the University Admission Requirements and the Programme Specific Requirements as listed below:
- shall comply with the General Regulations;
- shall hold a Bachelor of Arts (Architectural Studies) degree of the University of Hong Kong or a qualification of equivalent standard from this University or another comparable institution accepted for this purpose; a student without an architecture degree shall not be deemed eligible for admission;
- for a candidate who is seeking admission on the basis of a qualification from a university or comparable institution outside Hong Kong of which the language of teaching and/or examination is not English, shall satisfy the University English language requirement applicable to high degrees as prescribed under General Regulation G2(b);
- shall satisfy the examiners in qualifying examination if required.
An application for exemption from the above requirements shall be considered on a case by case basis. Preference will be given to applicants with professional experience that has shaped their practical and intellectual capacity in a positive manner.
Application Submission Requirements
(i) Soft-copy Submission
- Design Portfolio (A4 landscape orientation in PDF format; 20 pages; 30 MB file size limit): Including academic design work and professional work;
- 2 Referee Reports: At least one academic reference is required and the standard referee report is adopted. Referees should complete an online evaluation form in addition to submitting a signed soft copy (PDF) letter of recommendation on their institutional/company letterhead;
- A Written Statement of Interest: The essay should be submitted within the online HKU Taught Postgraduate application form (500 words maximum);
- Curriculum Vitae (inclusive of publications and academic awards, if any ) with a maximum length of 5 pages (Optional);
- Online Application Form (http://www.als.hku.hk/admission/tpg)
(ii) Both Soft-copy and Hard-copy Submissions
- English Proficiency Test Record (if applicants have not been studying in the university in which the courses are taught in English, English Proficiency Test Record is required);
- Official transcripts and graduation certificate
(iii) Hard-copy Submission
- Proof of your identity (i.e. a copy of an identity card or a copy of a valid passport).
Ms Money Lam
Faculty of Architecture
Room 415, 4/F, Knowles Building,
The University of Hong Kong,
Pokfulam Road, Hong Kong
* Detailed soft-copy submission guidelines will be sent to the applicants and referees respectively via email within one day upon completion of on-line application.
- Online Applications open on December 2, 2015.
- Application submission is open until January 31, 2016.
- Deadline for submitting of all supporting documents to complete the application is January 31, 2016.
Postgraduate Prospectus 2016-17